I saw this recipe on Goodful’s Facebook page this past week. Someone shared the video of them cooking it and they had me at spaghetti squash! Im a sucker for it. My hubby on the other hand, im sure, at this point had it coming out of his ears lol! I try to keep it to a couple times a month but its tough!
After watching the video there were so many reasons that I HAD to try this recipe!! 1) its clean 2) there are a ton of veggies 3) it makes a serving of 4 so it would be great for meal prep for lunches for the week!
Without further ado here it is!
Lemon Chicken and Spaghetti Squash
1 spaghetti squash
Sea salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
2 chicken breast, cut into 1-2 inch pieces
For the sauce:
1 medium yellow onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
½ lemon, juiced
1 cup chicken broth
8 ounces baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 375˚F/200˚C.
- Poke several holes into the spaghetti squash. Microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- Cut squash in half along the holes. Remove seeds with a spoon. Drizzle squash with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Place squash upside down on baking tray and bake for 40 minutes until soft. Let cool.
- Using a skillet, cook the chicken breast on medium-high heat with a little olive oil for 6-8 minutes until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Sauté onion for a few minutes. Add garlic and cook for a minute. Add tomatoes and cook for a couple minutes. Cook until onions are translucent.
- Add lemon juice and chicken broth, and cook until the liquid partially reduces, about 20 minutes. Add chicken and cook for 2 minutes. Add spinach and cook for 2 minutes.
- Using a fork, shred the inside of the squash.
- you can either mix the squash in with the sauce or make a bed of squash and top it with chicken and squash!
We also topped our with grated parmesan cheese! yum yum yum!!!
If you would like some more clean, healthy and oh so tasty recipes or support, tips and motivation along your health and fitness journey fill out the application below. I would love to help, I look forward to speaking with you!